Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Friday, December 09, 2016

Post 1--Because I'm a Slacker!

Happy Friday Y'all!   Yes it's that time again....


Where I raise my hand and cry uncle!   I definitely have been burning the candle at both ends and juggling many various balls but that's no excuse for being late or not keeping my word to my friends, family, and those that count on me to get xyz done.  This lesson keeps coming back into my life time and time again.  Repeating itself in different ways and for various reasons. One common thread though in it all is...ME.  haha.  Very revealing, isn't it?   When something is playing on repeat, do you keep letting it play over and over again or do you change the station? It's up to you?  Anyway, that's my long winded reflection that when I disappear, not finish things on time, or don't get back to people when I should I have no one to blame but myself for taking on more than I can chew a set time frame.



Have you ever felt that way?   I know the answer is to say no more often, not really no, but thank you I'd love to but I'll have to decline at this time because my schedule is overflowing with goodness!
Easier said than done!  I want to say YES to everything!  I hate even  complaining in the first place because it's a good thing to be busy in my business There's a difference, however, between being busy, and working on the 20% of the stuff that make up 80% that reap the most rewards.  When you are 'busy', generally if you are honest with yourself, you tend to be working on the 80%  of what only nets you the 20%



That scenario was illustrated recently when I was listening to a podcast the other day by Tim Ferriss in his promotion of his new book, "Tools of the Titans" which I ordered BTW (did I ever mention I was a podcast and a self help junkie)?? haha.  Anyway,  he listed 17 questions that changed his life once he started asking himself, especially during times of great stress and challenges.  One of the questions was, "Am I chasing Antelopes or Field Mice".   Field mice are the lions low hanging fruit, they are plentiful and a great snack for the Lion, they bring him a temporary pleasure and immediate gratification but if the lion only feasted on field mice, he'd die of starvation (or exhaustion chasing them).   BUT...if he chases the Antelope, it's not going to be an easy fight, he may even struggle a bit, but when he captures his prey, he will be satisfied and fulfilled for a long time.  It's a lasting fulfillment that is worth the challenge and pursuit in an effort to stay in the game.


I don't know the answer my friends...I really don't other than I'm grateful for it all and it's going to take constant effort to recognize what I should be doing and what I should be letting go of.

With all of that long winded explanation of how and why I've become a slacker lately--I want to announce a winner (VERY LATE ANNOUNCEMENT BTW) from this post back in November.

The winner will be sent a jampacked art journaling video and a pack of 24 tube watercolors!





And the winner is......


suzieq23 said...
I am so thankful for my wonderful family who are happy, healthy and the loves of my life. I cannot imagine life without them. Time passes by so quickly these days and I am so thankful for every minute I get to spend with them.

Suzie--please email me at jodiohl at hotmail dot com with your mailing address and I'll be happy to get the video out to you!





If anyone else is interested in the video which is 5 hours long-a video broadcast of the Art Journaling Live event that features myself, Mary Beth Shaw,  Nathalie Kalbach, and Ginna Rossi Armfield,   I'm going to put up a button here for you to purchase from me at a sale price!

The retail price is 49.99 but for a limited time, I can offer it for 39.99 with 6.00 shipping US.   



Buy Art Journaling Live 3 now and save 10.00!







Okay kids...I have more to share today (haha)...I go away for a week or more and then when I come back, you can't get rid of me!    Seriously, lots of goodness to come--too much for one post I might have to do 2 or 3. I'm definitely doing a newsletter today so if you aren't on that bad boy...what are you waiting for? Join me for several subscriber only specials coming at ya later today as well as some big news you'll be the FIRST to hear!


To sign up for my newsletter (which is published 2-3 times a month during the holidays and 1-2 times a month the rest of the year) click HERE.

Thank you so much everyone, have a great weekend if I don't 'see ya' back here!  Jodi







1 comment :

Caroline D. said...

Hi Jodi - You have so NOT been a slacker!! You were getting ready for the show opening last week for one thing and created lots of new art. Hug yourself!! So happy for you that so many good things are happening! I am looking forward to taking part in some of the fun you'll offer. And your way to say no sounds perfect. Do it when you need.... no one will hold it against you.