Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Monday, July 08, 2013

Through The Lens, Let's Chat....

Hello July....I can see this is going to be a summer of whirlwind adventures that move at the speed of light. I've been super busy over the last few weeks with
 shows
exhibits, launching a new business (more about that soon!)  vacation, and upcoming classes both online and in person at Create in NJ, Chicago, and Art is You in Ct.  Wow. Makes my head spin.  Honestly, there are days when I just don't know if I can juggle it all...and then suddenly  I get a second wind and amazingly it all comes together  Truthfully, I really am still figuring it all out.

 


I'm honored when I have comments that come through from people who enjoy my art or look up to me for doing what I'm doing, but at the same time...just like anyone, I wonder if I am doing enough.  I don't think balance is really an option at this point, when you choose to follow your passion...I think you live in a state of blissful chaos with a sprinkling of calmness.
Finding Direction.

It's funny how when I am in the midst of chaos...I seem to have the most to say in my paintings...or try to transcend how I want to feel or am feeling through the stories that are weaved throughout their whimsical exterior.  



I want to relax.  I want to smell the roses so to speak. I want to be busy as all get out and then I want to retreat and refill the well. I want to enjoy the simple things while I can.


 I want to feel the sand in between my toes, I mean really feel it, not just walk through it to get to a different destination.

                                                      Does that make sense at all?

There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes here in my studio...in my head...and most of the time it comes out in my art because I'm not one that talks a lot about how I'm feeling or how I want to feel...I just carry on and do.

....  In connection with my newest online class coming up, I chatted with Cara Rae of Icreateflix.com on blog talk radio.  We had a great time chatting, I was worried about having enough to say and I believe we could have kept on chatting for hours!!  That's what its like when you are doing what you love, there's always more you want to say, more you want to do...it's time that we don't have enough of!



If you have a moment, stop over and listen to our chat, and if you are interested in signing up for my new class which starts July 12th,  I have an early bird special that is going on right now.

I'm really excited to be doing this class as painting funky houses is really where I originally started in this journey. In addition to being fun,  art has been my saving grace and second chance in life and I hope through the classes that teach I will be reaching out to others that have that need to create inside of them. In the interview, I talk a bit about that early inspiration and it isn't all happy....which seems to contradict that which I paint, doesn't it?  I won't give it all away here because I'd really like you to stop by and listen when you have a chance, and I' love for you to join me in my class coming up....even if the summer is busy busy....take ten minutes or so a day to create and I promise you, your life will be filled with beautiful things...even more than you are all ready surrounded by.



Okay kids, I'm heading back to work...there's no rest for those of us with looming deadlines :)  Thank goodness I'm doing what I love! :)))
 ******************************************************************************

For more information on this class, I wrote an FAQ over on my facebook page just for you:)
*Remember early bird registration ends Friday when the class goes live (July 12th, 2013).

I've had some people ask me about my etsy shop and when I'm updating that....oh my, yes, that has been something I've let slip a little but I do have to say, that If you ever see something on my blog or facebook that you like, I"m always willing to do commission pieces.  Almost everything I have right now is out at shops so there's a chance the piece you like may be available...I would just need to connect you with the shop/boutique/gallery it's in.  My contact info:  jodiohl@hotmail.com

 One of these days I will be able to do everything well and not just one or two things at a time :))  Thank you for your patience!  

********************************************************************************

Until we meet again, I hope this a beginning of a wonderful summer...go out and make memories.



4 comments :

Victoria Burgess said...

Jodi, I love the funky house body of work. They make me smile! And every time I pass a piece of art with funky owls in it I think of you now. :)

Keep up the good work. You can rest in winter. Haha.

Off to the podcast now...

Tori Burgess

Anonymous said...

I so love your work...and I will be taking your class and most definitely sharing!!
I will be listening to your little chat as well.
Keep calm and get your painting on!!
Blessings,
Dira

Janet Ghio said...

your link to your FB page does't work. (to the faqs page about the class)

Candy Boxes said...

Very nice post. This is a great reminder that there is always room for improvement. Thanks for the great examples and inspiration!