Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Pre-Register at a great Sale Price

Pre-Register at a great Sale Price
Begins September 6th!

Join 100's of students from around the world!

Join 100's of students from around the world!
Zen Painting! 30 videos, open ended workshop!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

52 in 26 project

There's something about setting a goal, not a lofty goal, but an attainable goal and then working your tail off to see it through. In June I decided to create 52 pieces in 26 weeks. I figured I could complete 2 pieces every week or 2 projects every week no problem. Some weeks I accomplished my goal, some weeks I was sorely off track. Overall, I saw it through and at the end of this month, I will have surpassed this goal by several pieces and the result is a body of work that is starting to really have distinctive style all my own. There are some new directions I want to go in for 2009 but I'm not going to reinvent the wheel. I am going to make the wheel better than it was before. I'm reading a book called Art and Fear which was given to me by a dear friend. In that it speaks of many artists, musicians, and writers who find a niche and explore it time and time again. Great pieces aren't created when you just do a few....great pieces are accomplished through creating many many pieces as you find your way and develop your style.
That's my mission in 2009 and my theme is Discovery.

Discover who I am.

As a person.

A woman.

A Mother.

and Artist.

I'm discovering my style and unfolding the layers that will allow me to create some really great pieces before I leave the world.

Thank you for your support in 2008.

What will be your THEME for 2009?

((Click the picture for a larger view of my 52 in 26 project))

10 comments :

Zom said...

I love what you are making. Your colours and sense of texture are wonderful. I would love to see what you do in an art journal.

Regina said...

I commend you on setting a lofty goal & then not only meeting it, but surpassing it. You inspire me!
I've been contemplating the word "Hope" very much lately & want to incorporate it into some pieces. I'm also planning to build on the skills I've been working on as I work to build my body of work.
Blessings to you.
BTW - you were partly correct in your guess on my mystery project on my blog. Posting more today.

Heidi said...

I love seeing all your work together! I think my favorites are still the yellow ones--I just love how it looks with the black and grey. Congratulations on achieving your goal! You've had a really great year for your artwork and I truly hope that next year is even better! :)

MizSmoochieLips said...

Hi Sweetie Pie :) Yay to your accomplishment!! Big pats on the back :)
Discovery is a wonderful theme for the new year! I will have to think about this, but the first word that comes to mind is "reconnecting!" - which is pretty much a kissing cousin to Discovery.
Merry Christmas to you and the boyz!

ArtSnark said...

Wonderful work & congrats on your accomplishments!

Ooh, I think I'd be satisfied with just getting things done in 2009. I have so many 1/2 finished ideas laying around.

By the way, I've nominated you for the "Lovely Blog Award". Pop on over for the details if you get a chance

Cheers
Stacey M

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Thanks for the challenge and congrats on meeting yours! Now I'm off to work on my 2009 theme. I can't wait to see more of yours as it unfolds! Have a blessed peaceful Holiday dear one! Peace & Joy, Katie

slommler said...

What a wonderful collection of work you have accomplished!! I love the "Winter in NY" series. The texture and feeling is fabulous!!
I love the idea of challenging oneself. I must ponder that for 2009. Thanks for the example and the encouragement.
Hugs
SueAnn
PS Merry Christmas!!

Jeanne Rhea said...

I love your collection! Best to you with achieving your goals.

Brillig! said...

Lucy!
Just popped over to etsy and I ***LOVE*** your new blue Winter in NY series! I've been anxious to see it since Flynne mentioned you were doing a set in blue! Very nice!!!!

And...today I had a return customer who told me that I absolutely had to RUN and SEE the wonderful, colorful houses down at Flynne's! Of course, I had the privilege of bragging that I know the artist!!!

Merry Christmas, girl!
Miss you,
Nancita

differenceayearmakes said...

congrats on meeting your goal!! great job!!

I like you theme, but then I would, DISCOVERy is my word for 2009 (see post 12/19) - of course I couldn't have just one so added JOY the next day.

It will no doubt be midpoint of the year before I come up with any art goals - right now I just want to discover.