Monday, June 09, 2008
Let's Get to Know Each Other And Play 20 Questions!
Please copy and paste into your blog (if you don't have a blog, please email your partner with your replies).
1. What is your favorite Summer Drink(s)? Non alcoholic, I love Iced Tea Ade--I'm not sure if that's a drink or not, but I like to mix Lemonade AND Iced Tea. YUM. Alcoholic, I like Cosmopolitans but normally just a plain old vodka tonic with lime. :)
2. What is your favorite Summer Activity? BBQing & cooking on the grill, lazy day get togethers, and going to the pool.
3. If you could spend a lazy afternoon reading, what would be in your hands? Probably any magazine I could get my hands on-love all the Stampington magazines, Cloth, Paper, Scissors, Country Living, ME Home just to name a few. I have plenty of books but never seem to have enough time to read a whole book anymore :(
4. What is your favorite type of craft/art medium? Most definitely acrylic painting, but as a mixed media artist, I love to employ a variety of vintage papers, decorative papers, stamps, pearl ex powders, alcohol inks, and more into my pieces
5. What is one art/craft supply you absolutely have been dying to have or try? I have so many things I love and have right now but a few things I don't have that I want are India inks, calligraphy pens, sepia pens, (really any pens that are waterproof are on my list), gold leaf, and beeswax. LOL what a combination. All are on my list of to buys with my sale coupons over the next few months.
6. What are your favorite colors in our 'rainbow sherbet' theme? Pink, lime green, yellow, orange, aqua (or blue) Love all of these colors, but probably Pink, Lime Green, and Aqua are my top favs.
7. What is your favorite sweet treat? Well, I do love chocolate but I live in NC and it's so hot here that you wouldn't want to send me any in my swap package, so my next fav is anything chewy and gummy like licorice, gummy bears, gummy fish, lifesavers, etc.
8. Are there any craft or art supplies you would NOT be interested in receiving? I just really can't knit or crochet, so supply wise that wouldn't be the best for me--but I love receiving already done projects!! LOL
9. What is your favorite song today? Realize by Colby Caliet
10. How do you 'pamper' yourself during the hot summer days? I've just rediscovered the joys of soaking in the tub, reading a magazine and giving myself a wonderful facial mask :)
11. Do you have any kidlets or pets? I have two boys (7 and 13) and one BIG dog :)
12. What is your best potluck dish for summer get togethers? Dessert wise, my Better Than Sex cake is always a hit and thanks to my dear God Child, Elizabeth--her Taco Dip is now my signature appetizer at all of our doing's.
13. If you could take a summer vacation anywhere, where would it be? I'd go someplace where it's moderately warm and near water--perhaps Martha's vineyard or somewhere around there on the coast.
14. Describe your decorating style. Does that say anything about your personality? Yard Sale chic. I wish I had a magazine layout home, but mostly my house has second hand items mixed in with my artwork. Truly Design on a dime. What does it say about my personality? It says I live within my means and I make things work despite the odds. I am a realist with a creative style and positive attitude.
15. What are your initials? JLO My dear friend SHARA likes to call my "Juicy" as my real name is Jodi, but nickname is Lucy--lol...so she's given me the endearment juicy.....lol..now don't any of you start calling me that...it's lucy on this blog..LOL
16. Why do you like to join swaps? First, I just liked joining to get some surprise treats in the mail that I wouldn't have boughten for myself or found around here for myself--and it was so much fun to find unique things and make things for others in the same vein. NOW, I can truly say I join swaps and have partnered with the Goodness Girls to host these swaps for all the friends I have made along the way. I've had some wonderful partners who have become big parts of my heart and life, as well as I enjoy the creative challenges posed by the swaps we initiate.
17. You have 25 dollars to spend just on you for a little treat. What do you buy? ((you can list more than one thing). I'd buy a little art supply of course, a Starbucks Americano with Hazelnut, a magazine, and something from Bath and Bodyworks.
18. What's one craft supply or art supply you absolutely can not live without? My friend Amy turned me onto Golden Fluid Acrylic paints and I absolutely love them. I also love my pear ex and mica powders.
19. Who's the last person you hugged? My lil man.
20. What's your favorite number and why? I love the number 3. It seems to come back to me in many ways in my life and in my family. There's gotta be something larger to it although I don't really know what that reason is. I've been creating my artwork in threes lately, too. Weird huh?
Thanks for reading this :)
Please stop by and visit my Parasols, Polka Dots, and Pink Lemonade partner, Katie--you fall in love with her style and artwork!!