Rated #1 in Acrylic Painting!

Pre-Register at a great Sale Price

Pre-Register at a great Sale Price
Begins September 6th!

Join 100's of students from around the world!

Join 100's of students from around the world!
Zen Painting! 30 videos, open ended workshop!

Monday, August 06, 2007

Unfolding of My True Color

This Is My True Color

I wanted to show a few pics of my latest work as I couldn't scan the entire picture properly. Also included is a full pic (crappy as it can be ) of the before and after of this collage.
I've always wondered what artists are thinking when they compose their work. I wish I could get into their head and watch like a movie, the story unfold as the layers appear on the canvas. I'm not sure I'm quite an artist yet, I'd like to consider myself a student as I am constantly learning. I feel like I'm taking an online class--grabbing assignments and technique instructions from my many teachers and then running back to my dorm (my dining room) and working on my assignment.
I tend to always start with a background...sometimes making several a day or going back to several a day, experimenting with color and texture, stamping and journalling, painting, glueing-you name it. What was in my head while I did this? I began to see the color red and felt that I wanted a person to come out of the canvas but focussing on the hair. Flowing, vibrant red hair with highlights of gold--and a little white.
I started to think, as I layered on the hair and glued the picture, of how many times I wanted to be something different than who I am.


Thinner, smaller, different color hair, different shape, nicer, more patient, more accepting, yet through it all along the way, I have learned to accept myself more and more for who I am....the good and the bad.
I have taken some wrong turns.
Made some wrong choices.
Loved the wrong people.
I'm set in my ways, because I have been alone for so long--even when I was with someone, I was alone, so now, I actually like being alone. I don't know that I could ever live with someone again because I just like doing my own thing when I want-me and the kids. That's just me..now. Part of my color.


There's still things I want to change about myself, but it doesn't hold me back-it's acceptance but with inspiration to make changes for the better. I like to fight the right battles and wave the white flag with the rest.
Do I have regrets? Yes. Anyone that says they don't aren't being truthful of themself. At the same time, I wouldn't change much because those choices are made me who I am today.
I am who I am.
And so are you.



Acceptance.
Inspiration.
Learning.
Peace.
Motivation.
Growth.


And we are still unfolding through it all.


Do You Really Know Your True Color?


lucy

6 comments :

Sarah and Jack said...

Lucy, this was a lovely post.

The first collage is very peaceful. I could look at it for hours.

Paula said...

Wow! A really beautiful and touching post. It choked me up a little ~

You're collages just keep growing and getting better. This one is incredible. I love what you did with the hair...

Dinah said...

Very moving thoughts Lucy, and a moving collage also.

Please email me when you've got a minute at dynacinsc@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Miz Smoochie Lips said...

Wow girl!! Very deep, thoughtful, well articulated and such an amazing piece of art :) You've totally found your niche!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oh, I loved this post! I knew just what you meant when you said that about wanting to get inside the artist's head when they are creating--and then you just went right ahead and let us into yours a little! Truthful and touching.
Smiles, Karen

Heidi said...

You ARE an artist! And I love seeing how your art unfolds. Gorgeous.