Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Friday, November 10, 2006

Just Getting Started

God Bless our Troops :)

Seeing as though I have tried to post about 4 times right now, I am going to have to cut my post today down. I have been up since 4:30 this morning working on projects, starting new ones, finishing old ones, making a huge mess everywhere I turn, I even managed to get a few hours of Christmas shopping done this afternoon. With that said I am pooped! I have been itching to get into my fabric stash and today was the day. Up above you see a chenille flag that I just basically hemmed except the outer edge. This is going in my WIP craft room which will have an Americana Motif. I think I will use this as a wall hanging. Can you believe it was one of the items in all those bags of fabric I found last week?? That alone was worth the ten dollars I spent!

Not only am I a beginning sewer, I basically have never knitted before, unless you want to count a scarf I started last Christmas and have about 4 or 5 inches going! I gave it a shot last nite again and I ripped the stitches out 4 times and left empty knitting needles on my table and figured I'd try it again in the morning. Well, I got up at 4:30, made coffee and got busy. Don't enlarge the pictures, there's a lot of mistakes but I was pretty proud of myself for getting as far as I got in 2 hours. *
**These needles are ones that Heidi at Spiritual Knitter sent me from our craft swap, Thank you Heidi***

Other things I did today: placemats, decorative stocking, finished a Christmas tray, and cut out fabric squares for a couple of upcoming projects. I'll show the rest of the pictures tomorrow. Maybe this time my post wil upload with out going out into oblivion! UGGHHHH

I feel better now that I have started some more projects AND started in on the Christmas shopping. I have been having panic attacks that it will be Christmas morning and nothing will be under the tree! That reminds me of a workmare I used to have when I waitressed back in college. I'd often dream I was the only waitress in the whole restaurant and everyone sat down at the same time and were all screaming for me and all I could do was stand there and do nothing. LOL At least now there will be at least a couple of presents under the tree even if I do have a freezeframe over the next 45 days?? 44 days?? YIKES!

4 comments :

Paula said...

I enlarged the picture of your scarf anyway, so HA! It is going to be really pretty. I like the loose stitch you're using. I have a hard time with that and tend to stitch everything to tight. Love the Flag. It'll look great on your wall. Isn't it fun to learn all these new things. I informed my DH to leave me alone tomorrow ~ I'm going to be crafting and hopefully finishing some much neglected projects. Wish me luck!

Heidi said...

Congratulations on your first knitting project! Did the video CD help? Yes, that does look kind of loose, but in the beginning that may help you see what you're doing. You may need smaller needles though for it to be tighter.

Good luck with all the Christmas projects.

Jodi Ohl said...

Heidi, YES the video definitely helped. It has a different way of casting on that I didnt' quite follow but I think I have the knitting part down now, now I'm working on purling. That was awkward. It took me a bit to figure that out. I started with the big needles becase it seemed easiar to handle the first time around. Thank you for your support!

Rebecca said...

Yeah! You started knitting! I wish I would have kept the very first thing I knit to show you. It was made from the most hideous varigated acrylic yarn in baby blue, light purple and GREEN. It was supposed to be a scarf but it had so many holes in it and was oddly shaped that I chucked it. Trust me, yours looks way better than mine did lol