Rated #1 in Acrylic Painting!

Pre-Register for my Upcoming Class: Zen Housess

Pre-Register for my Upcoming Class: Zen Housess
On Sale Now through class opening!

Join 100's of students from around the world!

Join 100's of students from around the world!
Zen Painting! 30 videos, open ended workshop!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Just a Buck

Sometimes I get excited over the little things, like finding these old wooden castaway fold up chairs for a dollar each. It's amazing what can make us happy. For me among other things, scoring a good deal is one of them. I had to leave the price tag on them just in case there were some non-believers out there, and I know there may be a few..heee..heee...but as you can see that if nothing else, I have some cute plant and deorative stands for a healthy price. I actually bought 3 but opted for my creative artist license and decided to edit that picture out of this post because on it, I have featured one of my not so healthy plants. I really need to bring it inside and give it some love. I haven't quite graduated to the thrifting elite, where I can spot the vintage items that are really worth collecting amongst the everyday just plain old items that are put out for choosing, but I do know a good bargain vintage or not! My other half says if I were a millionaire, I'd still shop at Dollar General because it was a good deal. I don't think I'd go that far!!! But I definitely believe that if I really had A LOT of cushion in my account, I'd still be thrifty. Oh yes, I'd splurge here and there but I doubt, I seriously doubt, I'd buy a 100,000 car, or put a pool off my bedroom (well maybe I'd do that), or take a bath in bottled water (eeeeew bathing with water that came out of some nasty pipes, how could I??).....anyway, my Mother, who essentially raised 3 girls on her own, working 2 or 3 jobs at any given time, taught me a lot about the value of the dollar. I can't say that I've always listened to all her words of wisdom, but with the cards that have been dealt me, I have figured out how to make little look like a lot. I learned how to do that from my Mom. I hope she reads this when she gets her internet back up and running. Thanks Mom, for teaching me everything I know.



-->1.00

4 comments :

lorenzstudio said...

How can you not get excited over such a good deal!! I love being able to find valuable things for a good price - it's become a small obsession of mine lately!

linda t said...

Wow! One buck!
I miss finding those kind of deals back in WI... thank God the yard sales are heating up in Phx... now that it's cooling down.

Paula said...

I would have snapped those chairs up in an instant! Great find. Love your fall decorations, too.

Rebecca said...

Right on, sister! While I agree that i'd still be a bargain shopper even if I were a millionaire, I would certainly love a pool off the bedroom. So invite me over when you win the lotto. ;)