Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Pre-Register at a great Sale Price

Pre-Register at a great Sale Price
Begins September 6th!

Join 100's of students from around the world!

Join 100's of students from around the world!
Zen Painting! 30 videos, open ended workshop!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Finally Finished!




I have a love hate relationship with 3 day weekends. I love having the extra day to do just whatever (hopefully I can do just whatever but most of the time I can't), but then I hate going back to work because you really pay for having that extra day off. PHEW, I'm wiped out people! Yesterday was supposed to be a day for me to create wonderful things, but then I HAD to go to Walmart, then I HAD to go to a thrift store, then I HAD to check out another one just because I hadn't been there in awhile.....well you get the picture, that went on for about a 4 store tour of duty. Another words, I goofed off most of the day. What did I create?? Not much! Well, I did finish my little seasonal platters and I did start the last couple of coats on my trinket box featured in a previous post which I'd link you to but I'm too lazy to go back and get my directions on how to link. It's there..plunder please... Anyway, I had higher hopes for myself. In the end, by the time I did some thrifting and finished my painting, it was time to pick up my little man from school and then get busy with homework and dinner. Ahhhh what a life I lead!


What did I buy at the thrift stores?? ONLY one thing!! All day and all I got was one stinking thing. WAHHHH. I bought a cute small tray that had 2 ceramic tiles that match most of my colors in my kitchen which are rather fallish if I might say, in fact my living room, dining room, and kitchen are all rather fallish. Cozy, warm, greens, orange, cream, brown, and burgandy. What am I going to do this Spring?? Oh well, I will cross that bridge when I come to it. The tray was 3 dollars. I wish it was 50 cents, but I bought it anyway to not come home empty handed. This weekend, I did get a few odd items to recreate into new entities. I bought some small shutters, which I thought I could paint and make into kinda a window like feature with a shelf below and one of my paintings in the center of the shutters. It's just a vision at this stage, we'll see. I also bought two very, very, very, heavy ceramic tiles which I want to do some paintings on, too. Ideas, Ideas...they are everywhere!














3 comments :

Rebecca said...

Your trays came out great! I just love them. And I have to say, your idea for the shitters with one of your paintings as the window AND with a shelf is great! I can picture it. :)

Mizfixit said...

Lucy,
Your trays are TOO cute!! They turned out great! (even the tomato, er, pumpkin! LOL ;)

Looking forward to seeing your next project..you are SO creative!

Heidi said...

Trays are adorable, and shutter idea sounds cute, too. I also have my house mostly decorated in fall colors: gold and "barn red" in the living room/kitchen, a sage green study (soon to be nursery) and a pumpkin orange bathroom. The bedroom is blue, though.

Hope you had a nice three day weekend. I had to work!