Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Finding Home


When was the last time you dipped your toes in the water or sat down and read your favorite magazine or book? Yes, summer may be over but it doesn't mean that you have to forsake some of your most favorite relaxing activities.  I go back to creating those moments for you and me on my canvas time and time again.

Funky little houses, Mini Cities,  Beachscapes,   A place on the lake,  a downtown historic shopping area--are just a few of the many scenes that come to life in my collection of happy little homes.


 Some are grittier than others. Perhaps symbolic of the crazy life we all seem to lead on a day to day basis, yet when we get down to the root of all...so much to be grateful for.
 Other little villages squish together in a great big colorful community representing our uniqueness as individuals, our personalities our as disguised as the houses we reside in. At the same time, we wouldn't be who we are without our family, friends and neighbors.

 Simple houses.
 Sending us reminders of what we need or what is important in life.
 Memories flooding back of walking along the lake at sunset or sunrise discovering 
ourselves in the peacefulness.
 Sharing how if we simply float for a bit, life becomes clearer so we can run with it all later.
 It's a crazy good life, messy and all. 
 I don't know why I keep coming back to the houses but I do. Well. I. Do. Know.  I've kinda sorta figured out that it's my way of connecting back to memories that I associate with love, family, friendship, community, and peacefulness.  And of course there's more.  I guess it is whatever you want it to be, that's the beauty of art in it's many forms. It is whatever you want it to be!
I'd love to share more with you this September at Create Mixed Media Retreats in Dallas.
Join me for "Mini City Live"   and create your own happy little city/town/neighborhood on canvas during this 1 day class, my last mini city course for the year.   :)
Sign up info here   Create Mixed Media Retreats.  

No comments :