Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hello April!

Hello April!
Spring is in the air....FINALLY! 
I don't know about you but it feels so long overdue!

There's been a lot of excitement going on since I last wrote, travels, classes, shows and more!

At the beginning of March, I traveled to Saluda, NC to teach two amazing classes at Random Arts, owned by Jane Powell. This little gem of a shop has it all...art supplies, funky vintage finds, unique bohemian style artsy clothes, and a stellar line up of regular work shops throughout the year.  This was my second year back at Random and as always, we had a blast!  Thanks to my hostess with the mostess, Phyllis Peterson! (seen here holding one of my samples to my left in this picture). Love these girls!


As soon as I returned from Saluda, I finished up and delivered my submission for the "Double Takes" art exhibit over at Eye Candy Gallery in Southern Pines. Oh wait..our grouping actually ended up being a quadruple take! Submissions of a silk dyed scarf and beaded bracelet were shown along the original photography image and my painting.  The show was incredible...so many delicious and colorful pieces!

Have to take a second and brag on the boy...Josh did another 3k race last month...so proud of him! He's lost over 30 lbs this year! Gooooooo Josh!



The following week, Mary, Jean and I headed down to the southern part of the state and visited a variety of galleries along the coast that we have work in and started restocking for the summer season!  Here we are at Artestry Hideaway meeting owner Angie  Williams(pictured 2nd in) and seeing her beautiful shop in Beaufort, NC right along the boardwalk.  This place is incredible! Do stop in if you are in the area!  I just love our coast. So peaceful and beautiful!

Returning from the coast, I had an opportunity to stop into NOFO at the Pig in Raleigh and check out my March feature in their restaurant.  No if this doesn't shout Spring...I don't know what does? :)
In that same Spring and Summer vein, I have a brand new collection of 'Beach Houses' that are sprinkled in some of the coastal galleries.  These particular ones can be found at the quaint and inspiring shop "Artful Living Group" in Carolina Beach.
The fun hasn't just been contained to NC...I had the opportunity last weekend to travel with my boy to Nashville to take part in the Art Is you retreats for their first event in that city.  We participated in the trunk show and had a blast with all the creative souls.  I can't say enough great things about Sal and Ellen, two of the best organizers of art retreats there is, not to mention all over great souls. 

 We had a wonderful time meeting tons of inspiring artists and students....seeing lots of familiar faces and making new friends along the way. I'll be teaching at their Stamford Event so be sure to click the link and check out the offerings if you happen to be near the area or available to travel and take part in the event this October! 
As I write this, I'm looking at my to-do list and it is still a mile long, there are a ton of GREAT things coming up over the next few months....I just feel very blessed to be living a life full of adventure and passion.  Follow your dreams folks, you only live once!

This weekend, we will be traveling to GA once again for the second Acworth Art Festival hosted by the wonder women of Splash Festivals (Frances and Cindy)! They REALLY know how to put on a show!!!
If you are near the area, be sure to stop in Saturday from 10-6 or Sunday 11-5 and be prepared to be amazed at the array of funky mixed media art, photography, sculpture, fiber arts, jewelry and more. They hand pick their vendors for a great selection of funky cool artists!
Here's one of my new paintings hot off the presses I'll be featuring:
While I'll be leaving on Friday to go to Ga....I also have another BIG event happening tomorrow and that is the re-launch of my online class, Twinks On Yupo.  If you love color, want to learn more about Twinkling H20's, and want to discover the wonders of Yupo paper...this is the class for you! Every student also gets a 30.00 coupon to purchase product on the Dreaming in Color website store to purchase paints for the class! Wahooohooo!  What a deal!
For more info and sign up links...click HERE. Ready set go!  (did I mention that your access to the class lasts 12 months so while the class rolls out over the course of the next 4 weeks, you really can work at your own pace over the next year!)

Classes really do inspire you to continue to grow and expand your skills as an artist, and even if you are just starting out and want to test the waters, taking a class online is a truly affordable way to experiment with new mediums and techniques as you find your way to a more creative life.
If you want a whole wide array of class offerings, you might consider checking out a project I am fortunate to be one of the collaborating artist/instructors on.  
Take a look at this amazing class full of content and over 600 students having a blast!  Class is open from April 1st and runs through December 31st, 2013, so you still have plenty of time to jump in and have fun with us!!!



Phew. 
That's a lot of artsy goodness to share, I thank you so much for taking a look and joining me in my flashback of the last 45 days..it's been an awesome month full of great happenings, fun adventures, and creative time with family and friends.  I hope you find time to enjoy a bit of peace and creativity in your world too.....life is too colorful not to seek it out on a daily basis. Live, breathe, and open up to everything out there, just waiting for you!

Artfully Yours,

Jodi Ohl

*******************
See what's new in my Etsy shop!

Check out more upcoming classes ONLINE and IN PERSON!
Newsletter coupon of the month for my shop:
Free Shipping for the month of April!

No comments :