Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day Five Again! Peace Love Joy Believe.

Day 5 Revisited
A journal page a day isn't so hard to do unless you are sleep deprived, running around like a crazy woman trying to get the holiday preparations organized,   tying up loose ends on special orders, and distracted in a good way with friends and family, not that that's a description of me or anything ;)
  I did manage to illustrate the page yesterday and finish it this morning  and I really love it. It's bright, fun, whimsical, and speaks in the words to the season.
Peace
Love
Joy
Believe
Gratitude
 I remember the first year I left my retail job and started working for the bank. Christmas was sooooo wonderful that first year, the best I had in a long time because as you know or can imagine, when you work in retail, the holidays are non stop craziness. It's hard to enjoy the season when that is your busiest time of year. If you do have time to bake, it's at 11:30 at night when you get home......forget shopping...that happens in October or it doesn't  happen at all...maybe online but that's the only thing you have time for.  That first year I was still working full time but full time at the bank and full time in retail are two different things.  40-45 hours at the bank, 70-80 hours in retail.   I baked like there was no tomorrow and wrapped gifts like I worked for Nordstroms. It was heaven.     
Pure Bliss to have my life back again after many years of running, running, running during the holidays and the rest of the year for that matter.  
Now again, I'm here with a first....my first holiday spent working for myself. I work more than 80 hours now...but it never feels like work. I have time to do everything I want to do (for the most part)  and am doing it with a smile on face. I have time to reflect upon the season, reflect upon my year....looking forward to the future, and finding gratitude for all my..all of our blessings.  Life is truly good....even though I have a long way to go to become the artist, the person, the mother, the friend, I want to be....every day gets better. Some days we have set backs, other days we move far alone.  I've found out a lot about myself over this year...not just from leaving the bank and deciding to go off on my own as a full time artist...I've learned how to live a better life.  Being more generous when the situation calls for it.  To being more forgiving when I need to be, and for standing the line in other situations. Giving to others when your hand is needed....the light begins to shine brightly on you as well.

2011 was (is) a turning point in my life.  I'm grateful for having the season to reflect and enjoy the fruits of our blessing.  Life goes by too fast to let those moments slip through your hands.  I'm ready for even bigger things in 2012 and beyond. I need my winter's nap right now...quiet time...time to plan, time to gather energy, and time to breathe, and time to be around those I love near and pause for a moment for those who are far away or no longer with us. It is because of you I am doing this.
Tis The Season.
Happy Holidays to all!

***

Today's prompt:
Find your holiday inspiration right in front of you...is it your tree, is it an ornament? Table top knick knack, stocking....sketch that and reflect upon your own thoughts of the season.  Enjoy!

2 comments :

Patti Edmon Artist said...

Love your pages - glad you're finding time:)
Have a wonderful holiday!

Teresa aka Tess said...

Love this journal page. Whimsical and bright and ohh so true.