Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Stop....


Sometimes I need this reminder too.  I thought I'd share one of my photos from my afternoon explorations of my yard the other day. There's a few weeks a year that I can pretend I have a green thumb and have designed amazing creations.  Truth is...I moved here and it was already done for me. I'm doing my best just to maintain all the flowers and blossoms that continually pop up every here and there on the property. I wish sometimes though, I could just slow down and really smell the flowers, stopping long enough to remember why we do what we do.  Not stopping means I let the days, weeks, months pass by in a blur where I can barely remember what I did the day before.  
I don't want the rest of my life to be like that, sometimes it takes gentle reminders like this to reel it all back in for a moment and enjoy everything we've been blessed with.
 On the paint front...wanna guess what my color of the month is??  Pics of my new creations coming up in my next post!

Question of the day, what is it that you want to stop and be able to go back and enjoy? Anything you've been meaning to make time for but have left it to the wayside for longer than you would like? Is there a way you could incorporate it into your world again??



1 comment :

Teresa aka Tess said...

beautiful flower pic Jodi. I love the peek of color. I think you are loving orange right now.
I want my basement fixed up to be an inviting and useable space again. Years back we had a sewage back up from the floor drain and had to loose half the carpeting and part of one wall. It's never been the same since.