Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Connections

blankcanvas2 (600 x 400)
So I'm all moved in, somewhat un packed (about 8 or 10 strategically placed boxes left), and beginning to realize where I am when I get up at 2 am for my snack (hehe). It's quite a change, I must say. I don' t know if it's all soaked in or not yet. I'm starting to think of projects I want to do to make the house my home.
blankcanvas3 (600 x 400)
Amongst those projects of course I have to fit in a few art projects ;) Here's a piece that I worked on for a feature at the Art of the Carolina's in Raleigh, NC (Nov 13-15). The theme of the exhibition is "The World of Art" we were given a bag of art goodies and epherema to use at our discretion to create a piece the reflected the theme.

blankcanavs4 (600 x 400)

I'm not going to lie. I had no freakin clue what to do with all the what nots and colors of paint that I don't normally use..lol. Not to mention I had to do it this week with only a few days to spare after I moved when I needed to get started.
blankcanvas8 (600 x 400)
I've been doing a lot of portrait paintings lately so I dived in with a portrait that I was hoping would reflect a little more international flavor in it's depiction but still capture my distinct style of texture and layers of interest.

blankcanvas6 (600 x 400)
As I'm painting this, I discovered a perfect theme.....Connections. All the papers under neath the painting in the collage connect with one another, symbolizes the connections that art has across all nations and all people. You don't have to speak a certain language to connect with a work of art. People can connect without words, through a love and appreciation of art.

blankcanvas7 (600 x 400)

Connections....hmmm it may be a theme to explore along with more portrait paintings. Who knows where the road will go so I might as well enjoy the journey.

blankcanvas11 (400 x 600)

Speaking of the road and journey...if you are in the neighborhood next weekend, be sure to stop by and see me at the Holly ARts Festival in Pinehurst, NC on October 17th, and since you will be around that weekend you might as well sign up for my class at Swank on the 18th, from 1-3pm "Getting your Tag On" create mini works of craft-artivity in our Tag Art class. Perfect timing for the holidays. Give a gift with a Swanky art tag and you will be the bomb this holiday season!!!

For more info please contact Jessica or Petra, the lovely owners of Swank at swankgirls@gmail.com

If tag art isn't your thing, perhaps you'd like to join us on November 8th for another workshop in our Swanky Art Class series: Image Transfers, "Imagine This" learn a variety of fun and intriguing techniques to create unique and mystical image transfers to use in your art or scrapbooking projects. This class will be $35.oo

**Name this Studio Contest still open! Check out the post below for more details!

Hope you are having a creative week!

6 comments :

Artsnark said...

Like what you did with all the bits & colors :D

whyte said...

Ymmmm Jodi, this is really good! I love the face, you've been missing out if you haven't done portraits before! Very nice piece! Have fun at you festival and happy sales there too!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Jodi ~
I so wish I could come to your class!!! I would love to learn from you! Your portrait pieces are so genuinely you ~ what a talent you have gal! Love and Blessings!

Patti Edmon Artist said...

Hey girl!
you haven't been to visit lately, missed you! glad you're all moved in and I love the 'connections' idea, makes a whole lot of sense. your spirit will fill that house in no time and it will feel like home!
Wish I were going to be in the neighborhood...

Loudlife said...

Jodi, This might be my favorite! Wow! I love it. Her gaze is so affecting!

jodi said...

I like your new portraits and that fireplace in your lovely craft room. Don't think that I would ever want to leave!