Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Coming Home to NY

ferriswheeelfinished_edited-1

I'm on a much needed vacation this week!

sepiahouse
I'm running into all sorts of cool sites and we're having adventure after adventure....

Day one July vacation (600 x 480)
From visiting with family for a 4th of July celebration....

day2vacation (600 x 480)
to traveling long forgotten roads and revisiting places I haven't been to in years.
day3vacation

.....and of course a little good clean fun for the kids at the amusement park with their cousins.

Coming home has been a good thing. No matter how long I live elsewhere, there will never be another place on earth that will look, sound, or feel like home other than right where I'm at now.
I'd forgotten how much I missed the soothing sight of the grand Lake Erie or the soft feel of the damp grass under my feet compared to the dry hard land of the Carolina's. I suppose wherever one grows up will always be considered home, it just takes moving away to realize how much that really means.

Hope you had a great 4th of July and are enjoying the sounds and sights of your home, wherever that may be :)

6 comments :

Teresa aka Tess said...

Cool pics Jodi! Love that ferris wheel. Good to know you are recharging your batteries and spending quality time with your boys and family. Cousins, yep, some of my best childhood memories are with cousins by my side.
Safe travels home (to your other home)!

Submisul Stapanei Alexa! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Regina said...

I know JUST what you mean. I have always lived in the same state, but where I've most of my adult life does not FEEL like the part of the state where I grew up. The topography is different enough that I always get a bit melancholy in the fall, missing the hills I grew up in.
Love the old house pic. Glad you found time to get away & get recharged. I bet it comes out in your art. How exciting!!
xo

julie king said...

it looks like a wonderful vacation. enjoy your time away!

Alisa Nordholt-Dean said...

I love the pic you took of that gorgeous old house! Hope you had a great time!

Patti Edmon Artist said...

glad to see all the cool photoshop work! if I had family in NY still, i'd be up there in a heartbeat - miss it so much... I do know what you mean about home...

I'm sure you'll be glad to hit NC again too:)

Take care!