Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sweet Spring Please Come Visit


I had to take a quick break from my big new work in progress to get back to my custom
order thats due soon. The break was induced due to a lack of the right paint colors. I know. Okay those few of you who have had the pleasure of visiting my 'palace' know that I have a FEW paint colors within the corners of my studio. Heck, I've even sent one of you on a treasure hunt for paints for me at the Art of the Carolina's...so you especially know that I have a few colors. Fabric junkies will be able to relate to this. You may have all that you need in your stash but somehow, there is something even more perfect out there waiting for you. In my case, I didn't have the right color purples even to mix my potion nor did I have the correct green. So what did I do--buy those colors and a few more to boot from Claudine Hellmuth's new Studio line. I do have to say I like them, they are like butter. Good coverage, sweet colors and worth the price. I paid 4.92 a bottle plus shipping from this store. Go check them out!
custom Floral project
These pieces are 10 x 20 on 3/4 inch stretched canvas and are going to a good home
in NY. I love the springy color combination that the customer chose for this work. It's brightening my gray dreary day here in NC. Okay this weather has a split personality, last week we had a snow day one day, 80 some degree weather a few days later, then this week it's been all week long. Here we are on Saturday and it's COLD, GRAY, and RAINY. Where is Spring??
custom Floral project
I took these pics at night and indoors so they aren't as good as they could be (maybe that's why I haven't been picked for Artful Blogging?). Haha. I just get so excited and want to share what I'm doing no matter what the light is...lol. I need to find some more texture wallpaper. I've about used up my stash pure slam out. I guess 2 years of painting with the pieces I have would do that.

custom Floral project
I'm loving all the COOL and FUNK color choices you all have picked out for me for next big work! You ROCK! I'm still not sure which one I'll use but I have a feeling I'll do more than one piece with the variety of colors my Sweet Repeaters have tossed to the artistic wind for me.

custom Floral project

Click on this picture (well all of the pics will lead to flickr) and I went back and added a few notes highlighting some of my supplies. Anyway, so this is what a single artist does on a Friday night....my sons were with their Dad and Momma was home alone elbow deep in acrylics. Sounds kinky huh. It's not....lol. Be ready to see lots of action from me this month though in the studio (not that type of action...painting people, geesh). It's just a little over a month until the Spring Fest in Southern Pines, NC and I am going to have BUNCHES of treasures for the eye for anyone that is kind enough to stop by my booth. Hopefully I'll have BUNCHES of sales to go along with my treasures. I don't want this experience to be like my 85 dollar tomato plant a couple of years ago. Me and my brilliant ideas :)

Next post--My March Giveaway!

So what brilliant ideas do you have for this weekend?

12 comments :

THE BROWN BOYS said...

ooh, I think good purpley paint is especially hard to find, as is good purple paper. it's always a challenge - and yet purple is so much fun! This weekend I'm having a giveaway over on my blog until Tuesday. I'd love it if you'd stop by and enter to win! have a great weekend!

http://thingswithwingsartjournal.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Ooh, I love that color combination! The purple, pink and yellow and green look FAB together! Love the cute flowers!

Jeanne Rhea said...

Love these colors! Different. I'll see if I still have a bunch of that heavy textured wallpaper. If I do, I'll save some for you. It would be from the eighties probably.

risa said...

I like the new works...great palette and perfect for spring!

Sheila said...

These are gorgeous colors!! I love you flowers!

Anonymous said...

WOW! who needs spring, when we have these beauties to gaze upon! lovely, as always, dearie -- you would be a shoo in for "Amazing Woman Blogging"!
- p

Tumbleweed Trails said...

Love your paintings. They always turn out beautirully.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Jodi ~ Love how you have used those yummy colors!! I have been tempted by those new paints from Claudia too but haven't succombed to them yet ~ but now I feel them calling my name! Hope you have been having a creative almost Spring and it looks like you have! Blessings, Katie

starrynightimpressions said...

Jodi,
i just love seeing how you start your art pieces, so intriguing!
You are definitely going places girl, up and up!
blessings,
starrydeborah

Patti Edmon Artist said...

I'm with Katie - I've been tempted but haven't succumbed - YET. Like butta huh?! The colors are amazing - and I absolutely love what you're doing!

Cher said...

wowser...I am loving your work...like...ALL of it! love this post ...and those darn magnets just grab me..ty for sharing...I missed a giveaway on another site I think for your work...BUMMER! but.ima followin here...our economy is quite awful here..but...I know where to come when I have some spare shekles lol..ty Cher

Heather Robinson said...

I've been thinking about you so often lately. I loved the seasonal pieces that were on your Etsy site recently. I also am so appreciative that you have shared the progress of your latest pieces and tales of collecting paints and supplies to create them. The only problem is that I wish I could be there to watch you work!! I hope you are doing well. Hugs...