Rated #1 in Acrylic Painting!

Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!
Join my special interests newsletter to be in the know!

Join 100's of students from around the world!

Join 100's of students from around the world!
Zen Painting! 30 videos, open ended workshop!

Thursday, September 27, 2007

LIGHT of a New Day


It's Friday Eve and things are looking a little brighter today. Not much but a little, I thought I'd share with you just a little collage I made tonite. Well, to say I make anything in one day is a lie--most works take weeks to finish. Ive had this background for awhile and painted a candle on it surrounded by leaves but it really didn't please me so I covered it with a light of a different kind, thus you get LIGHT ON LIGHT. I wish the scanner could translate the metallic colors better than this. There's glazing, metallic paint, watercolor crayon and a "found" quote mixed in this revised mixed media collage.


I'm glad this week is coming to a close, I haven't been sleeping well...nothing crazy has been going on at work, in fact it's been a good week...I'm just drained and tired (maybe lack of sleep could be doing it). My stress level has risen lately due to an onslaught of things and a particular peep--I need a break! Saturday I'm going to do a little speech for a children's group on banking and saving money (HAH! If I could walk my own talk I'd probably feel better about it!) Anyway, it hopefully will go well. I really don't care to do a whole lot of public speaking, however, I'm better in a group than in a smaller one on one situations. Wish me luck--I hope the kids are going to be interested in what I have to say!


Enjoy your Friday!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments :

Jenn Maruska said...

I like your newest piece.

Good luck on your speech - I'm sure you'll have some good pearls of wisdom for the children : )

Heidi said...

My fave so far!

janealt said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the background - that turquoise really glows!

Paula said...

Good luck with your speech tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job. Sorry you've had a bad week, kinda weird around here this week too. Next week will be better I'm sure...

Raesha D said...

Good luck! I know you will be fabulous. I love the new collage - very nice!!!