Next on my list: My random number picker (aka as Josh) picked a prize winner--- Ta-da---and the winner of my Blog birthday giveaway is Miss JANE, from My Many Colored Crayonbox!! I met Jane through our swaps and have enjoyed reading about her teaching and her crafts, she is just the most dedicated teacher you would ever want to meet. She pours her heart and soul into her "children", as well as into everything she does. Please give her some blog love and say hello if you haven't visited her yet!
Jane, your prize pack will be out this week to you!
Next on my list of to do's for Monday is my 20 question answers from our Sweet Goodness Sister Holiday Swap that's just getting started. This post is so that your partner "gets to know" you a bit. My partner is Jane A, who is a retired art teacher, a creative collage artist, a fabulous quilter and wonderful Mother, and cherished new friend. Jane and I met through the Summer Sweet Goodness swap when she volunteered (ahem..I volunteered her inadvertently) to be a swap angel! We've been collaborating on collage work and sharing emails ever since. I know we are going to be a great "Sister" match for this swap. So without further ado---here are my Q's & A's:
1. Favorite Color: For clothes, black (makes ya look skinnier) but for everyday things, I like blues, greens, (reminds me of serenity and water), as well as pinks of all sort
2. Chocolate Lover? Milk, Dark, White, or none of the above? I am definitely a chocolate lover, but I don't care for white nor do I like raspberry flavored or cherry cordials or anything with fruity/creme fillings. Although, a good Orange chocolate is my all time favorite flavor.
3. What is your favorite craft hobby? Most definitely painting and collage!! I don't really sew much anymore because my machine is broken, but I have a whole closet full of fabric thanks to a major thrift haul last year. I also like to do rubbertamping and paper cards, but I'm not into scrapbooking although I LOVE paper of all sorts and get into embelishments if I can use them in my collages or cards.
4. What is a craft/art hobby that you would like to start?
5. What craft do you NOT have an interest in or just not great in ( so your partner doesn’t send something you wouldn’t use)?
6. Do you have any allergies? (we don’t want to send anything with peanuts if it’ll make you blow up like a balloon!)
7.What’s your favorite part of Halloween? Decorating, candy eating, costumes, or something else?
8. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving/Fall? Yes, I like to put up some fall foliage arrangements, pumpkins and gourds, and bring out my fall placemats, fabrics for table covers etc. I think Thanksgiving gets gipped as a holiday so I do try to give it some attention in the decorating arena!
9. December Holidays--what holiday do you celebrate? What type of decorations do you like to put up in your house for that holiday?
10. Do you have any children, if so what are their ages, boys/girls? I have 2 boys, Josh is 7; and Zack is 13. Both are going on 21!
11. Do you have any pets, if so what kind?
12. Are you a reader? If so, what type of books do you like?
13. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary in October, November, or December? If so, what day and what is the occasion? Yes, both of my sister's birthdays are in November (5th, 14th); and my birthday is December 13th. I'm not sure if I'm celebrating that occasion or not....I'll be 39 WAHHHHH!
14. Do you collect anything? If so what type of things do you collect? Not anymore....don't have a collection of anything really other than craft supplies..LOL I do like unique serving plates, tea cups, and sugar and creamers.
15. What type of things do you like to cook? Are you an appetizer person, cookie maker, dessert freak or a take out type of person?? In the fall/winter, I love to cook just about anything. I really get into making soups; love to make appetizers for all the holiday get togethers and I enjoy candy making (ummm anything chocolate that is)!
16. What is your favorite scent? Is there one that you can’t stand? If we are talking candles, I like fresh scents like cucumber melon, waterfall, lemon; but in the fall I do love apple cinnamon. If we are talking perfumy type, I like fresh floral scents like plumeria, cherry blossom, sweet pea--I love bath and body. I really don't like the scent of gardenia, rose, or peach.
17. What’s your favorite song? Depends on the day! I'm old school so I like 70's rock; but I also get into the groove with Fergie or rock on with Matchbox 20 or Nickelback!
18. What’s the last movie you went to see at the movie theater?
19. What’s your favorite Candy? Other than chocolate, I like gummy and chewy candy like twizzlers, gummy lifesavers, etc.
20. Tea or Coffee or other? Most definitely coffee!!! I am a coffee junkie, love Starbucks but any good coffee will do. I don't like flavored coffee, but I do like flavored creme or sryup. Carmel, Hazelnut, Cinnamon are my favorites. I do drink tea in the winter, I love peppermint flavor or lemon flavor the best.