Rated #1 in Acrylic Painting!

Pre-Register at a great Sale Price

Pre-Register at a great Sale Price
Begins September 6th!

Join 100's of students from around the world!

Join 100's of students from around the world!
Zen Painting! 30 videos, open ended workshop!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Picture A Day

This is probably about my third attempt at watercolor painting. I was feeling a little like reminiscing tonite so I brought this back on. It's pretty elementary but what I liked best about this painting was the water coming from the water can. I hated the board I used, the texture really annoyed me but once I got going, I couldn't stop. I mentioned before in my first post (I think), but in case you are just joining the fun, I had all but one of my paintings ruined this summer so all I have left are the pics...thus the reminiscing.

If I didn't have a day job, I'd paint and thrift. LOL Maybe cook, yeah I'd probably cook, too. I'd get hungry after a day of painting and thrifting. I am also going to try to work on my photography skills come to think of it. (My thoughts are drifting here as you can see...) I read on another blog about a challenge of taking a picture a day for 365 days...and it accomplishes a couple of things, one being a unique journal of your year and second, it develops your photography skills as you experiment with different settings, angles, lighting..etc. I guess I will have to start tomorrow though as I didn't snap a thing today!! Tomorrow.....I need to stop putting off things till tomorrow. Ah the life of a procrastinator.

:)lucy

3 comments :

Paula said...

I know what you mean! My job keeps getting in the way of my loftier pursuits also. Dang, if only we could find that secret stash of money laying around...
I really like your painting. You have alot of talent. Love the watering can. Keep after it, girlfriend!

Lucy said...

Thank you Paula for your kind words! Okay let's have a deal...whoever finds the secret stash first buys a sinful dinner and an even more sinful dessert for the other....oh ya, and since we are on opposite ends of the country, we'd have to spring for the flight, too. :)

:)lucy

Paula said...

You got it! Wouldn't that be fun??!