Rated #1 in Acrylic Painting!

Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!
Join my special interests newsletter to be in the know!

Join 100's of students from around the world!

Join 100's of students from around the world!
Zen Painting! 30 videos, open ended workshop!

Monday, September 18, 2006


This is a photo of another smaller watercolor I did for my Mom for Christmas last year. The book itself is a scrapbook cookbook. Has anyone done one of those before? PHEW, what a project that was. It took me from October to December to finish it! Anyway, it was a labor of love. What fun it is to collect recipes, if I ever even started making 1/8 of what I have collected, I'd surely be as big as a house!


What projects are you doing this year for Christmas? I'd love to hear your ideas and works in progress!

Lucy :)

3 comments :

Apron Thrift Girl said...

I love this watercolor. I would also love to see more photos of the inside if you have a chance. I am mostly working on rubber stamps right now for Christmas gifts. The kind that you carve. I really enjoy that craft.

Lucy said...

apronthriftgirl...

I only have 1 photo of the inside of the cookbook, but I did add it to the blog. I just whipped up this site tonite so it is not that interesting...yet...lol. I love the layout of yours!

I'm glad you enjoyed looking at the paintings. OHHH how I cried when they were all destroyed. I just need to get on the ball again and create more I guess though. How did you get into carving rubber stamps? Sounds like a great idea for Christmas gifts. How lucky your friends and family are!

Wish me luck at the big sale..lol..I'm hoping to find some things to resale, too. I used to sell alot on ebay but got out of it last year, I might try again..but more so I am looking to put some things in a local consignment shop and see how things do.

Take care, and hope to chat again soon,

Rebecca said...

What a lovely painting! All of your work is beautiful, I love the flowers they look so real!

I think your cookbook scrapbook is a great idea! I have a "regular" scrapbook (meaning it's full of events like graduations, babies and stuff) but I think a cookbook would be nice to make one of these days. It must have been a lot of work!