Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Monday, September 25, 2006

Sale or no Sale?


Well my Saturday at the big old 5 mile long yard sale netted me not much of anything which is rather disappointing. I mean I had dollars to burn but I couldn't see throwing money away at stuff I'd surely find elsewhere for less expensive. I think because of the large draw, vendors upped their prices significantly which I'm sure is the norm for many large antique/flea market sales. My boys on the other hand were having a ball finding all sorts of goodies. Every time I turned around they were lagging behind bargaining with the vendors! LOL


Here's what I did buy:


2) Large new pillow forms from Belk's. Looked brand new and still had $ 30 dollar tags on them. I can feel another pillow project coming on!


A darling Apple Pie dish. I'm sure you can make other pies in it but this says Apple pie so that's what I'll make with it ;). I purchased this treasure for a dollar.


3 pretty plants for 6 dollars total. Yes, I did go to a 5 mile long yard sale but I couldn't pass up some wonderful plants.


2 nice paintings for a dollar each of grapes which someone I know loves so those went to her :)


A drawing/sketching set for 2 dollars. I could have kicked myself for not purchasing a HUGE box of misc. arts and crafts supplies. This same lady was selling it all for 5 dollars. I wanted it, but I DIDN"T want to lug all the goodies around. My laziness gave in to my thrifty side. Now, I am mourning over my LOSS!


Really that's about it! I expected to report back sooo much more but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Maybe next year.


This weekend I may skip the sales and go harvest decorating shopping. I don't overdue it but like to buy some fall plants, pumpkins, gourds, and misc. items to decorate by the front porch. This picture is one from last year. I'll try to do better this year!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I just started it so it's nice to get some feedback. I can't wait to see your fall decorations, it's my favorite season!