Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Can't Sleep Make Art Art Everyday Month Day 30

And so here it is, the end of Art Everyday Month!  Where did the time go? Like an impatient child, time keeps going and going whether or not we keep up with it or not. It moves on whether we are ready or not.  I'm ready for December and so happy for the month that I've had in art. I've learned a lot, I've created a lot and the challenge has  taught me a bit about endurance and routine.  Just like anything, you can make excuses after excuses as to why you can't do something. If you spent a few minutes a day doing things in the same amount of time you complain about not having time do it--you will  be surprised in a good way that you can you accomplish sometihng once your obstacles are removed!   Last year at this time I wrote an article in Cloth Paper Scissors about just BEGINNING (A Beginner's Guide to Beginning  Jan/Feb 2010).  Half the battle is creating good habits and  setting time aside everyday to do what you love alongside with doing what you need to do.  Are you a morning person or a night person. I'm a night person. I just am.  I will get up early though and do stuff but right now, I do most of my work late in the evening just because that's when life settles down, I get home from work, chores are done..yadayada.  

Last night, I couldn't sleep.  I was tired but I couldn't fall asleep.  I grabbed my new journal that is going to be dedicated to faces, and started in that with just a few simple tools.  A couple pencils, pen, marker and eraser.  No magical set up or items and I just started drawing this face. I don't even really care for how it came out, I"m not good at drawing profiles.  But that's all right because one day I will be good at it.  I'll keep on trying and late at night when I can't sleep because too many things are buzzing around my head, I'll have something release my feelings into.  I'll keep this up and other creative techniques I've incoporated into my creative routine so that maybe this time next year, I'll not only be writing about beginning things, I'll be well into a new career path and full time art life. It's going to happen. I can feel it :)   Stay tuned and lets see.

I hope good things come to you with your new creative routines that were forged this month and you continue to be inspired by the friends and connections you have made  during the challenge. I know I will and I am :)

 

3 comments :

Leah said...

So glad you joined in, Jodi. and so glad you got a lot out of it!!

Anonymous said...

you are so positive and so inspirational. I really enjoy reading your blog!!!

Anne Butera said...

I've enjoyed your blog during AEDM, too! You are inspiring.

Great post!