Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Monday, November 01, 2010

Art Everyday Month Begins!

 It's that time again where artists and creative minds join in on a fun challenge during the month of November that not only inspires, but it truly puts you in a great position for the new year by helping you 'create' great artsy habits through the wonders of creating every day.

To read more on this challenge and the history of Leah's project she's held for the last few years, click here:
 Art created in a 9 x12 Strathmore Mixed Media Journal

I'm going to try to create in my journal every day as well as paint every day, even if it's just a little bit.  And in doing so, I'm also going to blog about it to hold myself accountable.   (I know  I've been a spotty blogger lately...please forgive me while I get my act together!!) There I said it.  It needs to happen!
I normally do really well on the weekends creating but during the week is when I have trouble because of my work schedule. I'm normally too tired or unispired from stress of the day to get wrapped up in too much art wise so I concentrate on the business side of art during the week--twitter, Etsy, Facebook, planning researching, networking, writing, you name it.  This month--Im going to REALLY focus on the hands on, get paint on your shirt kind of every day stuff. Fun!
I have a lot I need to accomplish this month so it's going to help me stay focused. I have 3 proposals due at the end of November, 1 other class, 1 or 2 demos scheduled, 1 commission to finish and another to start, not to mention getting ready for the almighty holiday season (which for me has never been the best sales wise but there's always hope ;)....I sell more in the Spring interestingly enough.  Lots to do and I love it all. I couldn't be happier :)
I hope you decide to infuse a bit of creativity into your world every day. It can make a HUGE difference in how you see yourself and those around you.  It can give you a purpose when you feel like you are drifting, it can give you hope when the light is shining only dimly, it can give others those same feelings that see  your art.   Pass the light  and shine on!

3 comments :

Leah said...

Beautiful work, Jodi! I love the dots at the bottom.

Linda M. said...

Jodi, Beautiful journal page. My head is spinning reading about all you already do and all you are planning to do. I do like your inspiration and I will try to do more "arting" (Jodi ism) this month. Thanks.

Angela DiGiovanni | life * poetry * art said...

oh, i love her... you've got talent, girl! i sketched my first girl tonight - going to color her tomorrow... so excited.