Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Split Personalities

 Sometimes I think I have a split personality. Well a lot of times I think that, especially when I'm working on projects. Often times I have many things going on at once and my head is buzzing with ideas and like a chicken I pop from one thing to the next and then go run and do a load of laundry and come back and wonder who the heck destroyed my studio while I slipped out for a few minutes.

 This week has been no exception, did I say this week..well actually it's been the last few months dealing with controlled chaos (not sure of the exact definition of that...you'll just have to visualize what that means).   And then all at once things start to come together.  
It's funny though to look at the pieces that are born during times like these. I do have a method to my madness, but it kinda amazes me I can go from the painting above to this one below all during the same painting session.
I like things visually stimulating whether its through color, texture, or composition. I enjoy adding fun crazy cool and made up elements....
....and then I like to bring it down a notch and keep it simple but  yet still full of texture and interest.
Kind of like my personality, I can be all over the place and into everything but when I'm ready to dig in or relax, I like the simple things in life. It doesn't take a lot to make me happy, just a bit of variety in the day.
 I'm heading back to the beach soon and taking these with me...Save the date:  June 6th from 6:30-8:30 an opening reception for my exhibit "Coastal Reverie at Artful Living Group, located on Cape Fear Blvd in Carolina Beach.  It'll be a feast for your eyes, full of color, whimsy and coastal memories displayed on the canvas and I can't wait!

Jodi

****************

Have you heard about Gelli printing? It's all the rage right now and I'm thrilled to be teaching a class that will go over some printing basics,  add some super cool exciting tricks to get the most of your gelli plate, AND show you some awesome ways to use the gazillion prints we will create in class.

 

****

Perhaps Faces are your thing, if so, check out my "Mermaids and Maidens" class also at Art Is you,  there is no doubt you will come away with a magical and mystical portrait of a maiden or mermaid that is full of depth and color with the step by step instructions I'll have for you.  

Join in on the fun!
 

2 comments :

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love the houses. So whimsical and fun! Since I am not an artist, I can only imagine what it is like going through the process of creating something so fabulous. It probably helps you control that chaos in your life like beading does for me!

Anonymous said...

Find Out More propecia not working 8 months - how much does propecia cost on the nhs