Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Show and 'Twink" Day

Today is "Show and Twink" day over here on the blog!  We are  nearing the end of the roll out of my newest online class," Twinks on Yupo...Toying with Color" and I couldn't be more proud of my students!  (Can you see me beaming from the other end of your computer?? Well I am!)

So just what is this thing called YUPO??

Yupo paper is a unique substrate as it is not paper at all, it is a very thin sheet of plastic commonly used for signage but is becoming more and more popular among artists who may want to explore unique techniques in water media applications.  In this class we are primarily using Twinkling H20s for our paint and can I just say WOW. Wow.  What colors they produce!!!!!  Juicy, sparkly and highly pigmented.  There are a few tamer colors for those of you who enjoy a more subtle palette, but I guarantee once you get your hands on some of the colors, you will cross over to the bright side!:)



I mean really....it's like candy, kids!


 Here's one of my sample pieces and the colors literally pop off the page. One of the amazing things about yupo is, it's a substrate that will maximize a paint's color...but it does have its quirks about it, not as easy to work with as traditional watercolor paper..but that's what I walk you through and before you know it, you will be creating amazing funky pieces!
 Below, you can tell what's on the mind of one of my dear students, Kathryn Sellers Bunn! I just love this funky cocktail composition! The colors really are smashing ;)
Stop over to her facebook page and check out more art she has shared.
 Also by Kathy...these two little love birds just make me smile!
 Tyanne Agle painted a scene that makes us all want to scoot off to the beach and dip our toes in the water. I love her water effect so much, I could almost dive in!
,
 Sherry Woodward totally rocked this vase , love the funky florals and the little jewels in the bottom of the vase!
 Both top picture of the sweet flowers in the meadow and the florals in the mason jar are the work of my student Teresa Kepler, I love both of these  so much!

See what I mean, these students are rocking out this course and having a blast!
This is just the tip of the iceberg, you'll have to join to see all the other
artwork that the students are creating!!!

While the class is about wrapping up, you still have time to join in on the fun.  
The course runs 4 weeks but you still will have 12 months to access the course content as well as support from an online community via a private facebook group to post pictures and answer questions.

On top of the course itself, you also receive a 30.00 coupon for use on any of the products by Luminarte such as the Twinkling H20s which we will be using for the class,  courtesy of Leslie Ohnstad ( a big thank you Leslie!)


I am very blessed to have such an awesome group of students who not only are learning, they are having fun while doing so.  One of the best parts of teaching is that interaction I am able to be a part of with the students and seeing them grow and learn new skills is totally amazing!

.

Hope you enjoyed show and tell day here at Sweet Repeats! 
Have a creative and wonderful week!
Jodi Ohl

To see a little more about the class, take a look at my video trailer:

Don't miss out, this is your last chance to sign up for this COLORFUL and fun class!




Please stop by my shop and see my original art!

Stay in touch,  sign up for my Monthly Newsletter for more artsy tips,  updates on new classes, shows, product recommendations and more!






Sneak peak at some of my new pieces for a show!


No comments :