Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Sunday, December 02, 2012

And the winner is...and other holiday goodness!


Well well well...it's been a few days since I last wrote and I do have to say between driving to NY for an awesome long Thanksgiving weekend with my family and boys, to getting ready for shows and classes once we returned home, it has been an insane couple of weeks.  A good insane though!  I love everything about my life, especially lately. I feel really grateful to be able to do what I do full time...and to have a bit of flexibility to do things I want to do with my family (like go home around the holidays or take off early to go to my sons wrestling match)....

.For so many years, things like that weren't even an option.  Of course, in order to do so, it does sometimes require around the clock working to meet deadlines...you'll see some of the fruits of my labors from when I returned from NY just in time to finish up work for the holiday show over the weekend in just a minute.

 First off we have to announce our winner in my giveaway for a tuition to my re-relase of Painterly in Pink (Session 2)....between the entries here and on facebook...we put the names in the hat and the winner is:

Congratulations Kecia!! 
Kecia is an ultra cool person, awesome artist--and makes magic where ever she goes! She's also a teacher so be sure to check out one of her classes either at Art Is You or one of her upcoming classes elsewhere or online!

Speaking of Art Is You....I will be back again in Stamford, be sure to register your intentions and secure your spot in a workshop of your choice before they fill up....all early registrants are guaranteed to be seated with their instructor of choice!

All classes will be up in the next month or so....but in the mean time you can view the teachers lined up this year and once again they rock!!

If you missed the contest, no fear---everyone that signs up is a winner as Luminarte is giving each student a 30.00 coupon for product to purchase for the class!! That's a win win!  Stop by the class introduction page to read more about what we will be doing over the 6 week course!


 

If you are looking for something fun to do for the winter and need or need a creative gift for the holidays for that person that just has everything, why not check out my re-released class, "Who Are You" over at Creative Workshops. The class opens December 10th...whooohooo, just over a week from now and there are tons of students signed up all ready!!!  Even if you can't start right away, join in on the chatter and get to know everyone!  The class will remain open ended so you can work at your own pace for as long as the class stays up (which will be at least a year!).  Read more about it HERE...sign ups are over at Shabby Cottage Studio which is owned by the lovely Gail Schmidt who runs Creative workshops :)

....I have more cool stuff coming up but I'll save that for my next post! Even my head is spinning so I don't want to overwhelm you! :))))

One of the reasons why I feel overwhelmed is that I had a bazillion ideas for my show this weekend and like always, I totally underestimate the time it will take me to do things...I do give myself an A for effort though but my oh my...sometimes it about kills me!   This week is no exception...take a look at some of the holiday items I finished this week (I say finish because I did some of the backgrounds or sanded wood for the pieces several weeks ago).  It's been like Mrs. Claus's workshop which has bleed into the rest of the house.  Time to take it back and get ready for our own holiday decorations!

Here's so more holiday goodness going on in the studio:



Angels that are perfect for the holidays but non-traditional enough to keep out and protect and guide you throughout the year...


...and busy painting trees to symbolize hope, joy and wishes that so want to come true....

 Wise funky owls that make you smile...
Cheery birdies that remind you to soar and discover every day....

Ornaments...and more ornaments...simple yet the kind of collectible that remind you of the time you bought it, the memory of the season, and the joy in having your home decked out in goodies that mean more than one can put into words.  

As if creating for the show and season wasn't enough, I took to redoing some canvases that needed a fresh breath of air,  second chances if you will. Yes, my studio has been chaotic but full of ideas and artsy places yet to go.   Even though the shows are now over for the year, I'm reeling in ideas for new classes, gallery exhibits and articles that are coming up.  There's no telling where 2013 is going to lead as 2012 sure was a year of surprises, good and bad....all I know is that when I take one day at a time and give it my all, it's a feeling of satisfaction that can't be defined. Let 2013 unveil life's exciting adventures....the best is yet to come!

In my down time, I've taken to doodling....more on that later, I'll leave you with a snippet of my late night couch art as I wind down and relax.  I have a long way to go to be any good at it, but sure am having fun in the meantime :)
Hope your holiday season is off to a great start!  Have fun everyday being all that you can be!

PS..stay tuned all month for giveaways, new announcements,fresh products,  tutorials and more. It's going to be a great December!

No comments :