Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Day After The Day After

 Happy Small Business Saturday!!  
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed the company of family and friends as well as having a bountiful table full of  goodness before them.
I so enjoyed having my boys together, my oldest lives in Myrtle Beach so our times together are getting further and further a part since he is growing up and not into coming to Moms every other weekend anymore. :(   But we all had a grand time cooking and playing and shopping together this weekend.
 Yes we did go out at 1:00 am to shop on Black Friday and it was fun, almost like a sport and surprisingly enough because we went just after everything opened we didn't encounter lines that were that long. Picked up a few deals and got the shopping season started with  a bang :)
But today is the day that hopefully everyone will consider staying local and shop with your  mom and pop shop, local crafter, online or other wise--artist and small business owner.  Step out and travel down town, take a  peak at what Etsy has to offer and support  those that are making a living  on their own and who count on  your support to survive.
In honor of Thanksgiving and my gratitude to you, I had a giveaway for simply making a comment on one of my posts here on blogger, and my two facebook pages.  I took all the names and  drew a winner this morning and drum roll please.....the winner is:
  • Carlanda Brown Williamson thank you jodi. i am thankful for family and friends and health and art! i love the little villages and your girls. xo
    Congratulations Carlanda---I appreciate you playing along and all of your support throughout the year! 
     ************************************************************************
     
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  I 'll be working feverishly to get ready for my show at the Lark Artists Handmade Holiday show next Saturday in Asheboro.    11-5 at the Exchange in downtown Asheboro.  Tomorrow I will be heading up to Jerry's Artarama in Raleigh for a FREE demo using the Matisse brand of paint which is sold exclusively at Jerry's  and is just as good if not better than Golden paint!  (and less expensive which we love....)   so if you are in the neighborhood, stop by and see me between 1-3!  
    With love and gratitude,   Jodi Ohl

No comments :