Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Friday, January 01, 2010

2010 Making It Count

The beginning of a New Year always brings hope and anticipation of a fresh start, new beginnings and quiet reflection of the days gone by for me.
2009 was a great year in so many ways for me. I had numerous opportunities to teach, to write and be published featuring my art and techniques, to demonstrate my art in a variety of venues. I participated in my first outdoor show, had the pleasure of being commissioned to do several projects for wonderful customers, all great things for my artistic endeavors. I'm truly grateful for all that I have been blessed with and have experienced.

I even bought my first house this last September, which by far was a dream come true for me. Owning my own home was something I wanted so very much for as long as I could remember. I wanted that place like I had as a child for my children to feel like they belonged somewhere that was theirs, too. A place to gather and make memories. To grow and then come back home to.
Since moving here, I barely feel like I've had a chance to settle, with many projects and obligations vying for my time but in 2010 I am resolved to do things to really make this home, ours.

This year has also been a year of struggles personally, which I revealed one big emotional trial in a post a couple of weeks ago. Day by day, I feel stronger having gone through this, but there are still moments that I have to shake my head and wonder how I let this happen to me again. Life is full of backward and forward moments, I guess. We need to travel the road no matter where it takes us and just understand that in the end, it's a part of who we are and who we are to become.

So who do I want to become in 2010 and beyond? What is it that I want to do?
I wrote in my journal last night, late, right before the stroke of midnight and penned some ideas. 10 in 2010 that I want to accomplish and work towards. Then I started adding other things that came to mind because when I looked at my list, they were all about my art. Something that I love and work hard at, but that's not the only part of my life that I want to move forward in and enhance. It's easy to be engulfed in a passion, but I don't want it to be the center of everything.
Family, friends, community and self improvement need to have a say in my everyday world as well.


The other things besides my artistic goals are:
Be Involved (open to interpretation, could be community, school, other people's needs...I often get caught up in my own world that I forget there's more out there I could be doing)
Send random snail mail cards. (who doesn't love a surprise letter or card? it's those unexpected moments that can lift someone up when they need it most)
Take a Trip to no where ...I plan so much of my day, I want to just try something spontaneous without any planning other than what clothes to bring. Adventure is something I'm missing.
Learn Something Completely New...I have no idea what at this point, just something I have yet to learn.
Loose 40lbs...this is something I really need to do. I have gained that much in about 2 years and I'm not happy with myself, time to make a change
Start Doing Yoga -I lost a lot of weight after having Josh by doing yoga and lifting light weights daily. I need to do this again for myself.
Lastly,

Make It Count
That's my motto for 2010, making things count. If I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it well. I'm going to waste less time and do the right things for the right reasons.
I want to be able to say that if today were my last day, I truly made it count.

What does that all look like? I think that along with my artistic goals, these other components in 2010 that I want to focus on will make my life more enriched and I'd truly feel balanced. I work hard every day. I want to know that I've also lived well, every day.

Hope that this New Year brings you much happiness and satisfaction in your world.

Go now, and Make It Count

12 comments :

Elizabeth Johnson said...

Sounds like you have a great year ahead of you.
Blessings to you today.

NANCY LEFKO said...

Wonderful post Jodi and all the best to you as you reach your goals. Happy New Year sweetie!

whyte said...

Love your goals for the year, Jodi! I love the "trip to nowhere", it's the adventures like that which I think that bring so much discovery within ourselves

Studio 27 said...

Keep that chin up girl, your talents will sustain you. I love your goals, especially the trip to nowhere - we all need to do that from time to time. Happy New Year!

Seth said...

Found you on Stacey's blog but have admired your artwork in many magazines before. Congrats on your accomplishments in 2009 and best for all of 2010!

Penny L Weaver said...

You never cease to amaze! I can easily see your doing all you have laid out, and more in the coming year. Your dedication to your goals has taken you great distances in the past 3 years - it has been wonderful to behold. Sending you sunshine, my friend -- and lots of new roads to ramble!

Artsnark said...

Sending big vitual hugs & even bigger good wishes to you & yours! May 2010 hold all you hope for & more :D

Judy said...

Love your goals for 2010. They sound almost identical to some of mine! Guess we're not all so different after all!

Alyice Edrich said...

I am so with you on losing weight, exercising, and making 2010 count! I'd like to regain my focus in business, lose 40 pounds, and feel self-empowered in the new year. Here's to both of us making our goals come true.

Contessa Kris said...

Excellent goals but I especially love the Making it Count. I tend to be wishy washy, not using time wisely. I need to work on this as well.

Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

You are such an incredible person and an amazing artist! Loved your article in Cloth Paper Scissors!! Wishing you and yours a very happy new year!!

Apple said...

I really like those paintings! The colors are great! :)