Rated #1 in Acrylic Painting!

Pre-Register for my Upcoming Class: Zen Housess

Pre-Register for my Upcoming Class: Zen Housess
On Sale Now through class opening!

Join 100's of students from around the world!

Join 100's of students from around the world!
Zen Painting! 30 videos, open ended workshop!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pearfect Art


In between packing, working and holding classes, I've been painting a bit to get ready for an upcoming show in October. I've had 6 months to get ready for it, and umm....well, just like most things when I think time is on my side, I put it off till the last minute to really put the pedal to the medal and get busy. Actually I have prepared quite a bit already but not where I want to be. These cute little paintings were a 'Pear-fect' diversion from a big project I had completed after several months. It was fun to play around with a funky still life. What do you think? Should I do more?
True to my style, I've incorporated a lot of texture and a few main colors. I like to work with surprising but complimentary colors in a limited color palette. I just LOVE dreaming up or being inspired by color combinations!! I'm trying to restrain myself as I dream of what I'm going to style my new home in so it doesn't look like a crayon box in every room!
workshoppromo
Speaking of color, last night I held another class at Swank in Southern Pines, Mixed Media Portraits and it was so much fun! I really think I'm beginning to find my groove. One of my next goals is to teach at a major mixed media retreat but I need to get a few more workshops under my belt before I apply to something like Art and Soul or one of the other many big art fests. A girl can dream though, right?

What else...ohhhh I have a sale going on over in my Etsy shop-25% off any one item! To redeem, simply check out with a message to buyer saying Sweet September and I'll refund you the difference via paypal. Stock up no for the holidays! I have some new items to list this week so stay tuned!

Lunch is about over, so better get back to work. Hope you are having a great week!

2 comments :

Patti said...

wow - you sure are busy! and a show coming up?! I love the pear and think you should play around with more still life. congrats on all the cool stuff you have going on!
hugs!

Tess said...

OK, I have to ask, Who took the bite out of the Pear-fect painting?
It's gorgeous!