Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pearfect Art


In between packing, working and holding classes, I've been painting a bit to get ready for an upcoming show in October. I've had 6 months to get ready for it, and umm....well, just like most things when I think time is on my side, I put it off till the last minute to really put the pedal to the medal and get busy. Actually I have prepared quite a bit already but not where I want to be. These cute little paintings were a 'Pear-fect' diversion from a big project I had completed after several months. It was fun to play around with a funky still life. What do you think? Should I do more?
True to my style, I've incorporated a lot of texture and a few main colors. I like to work with surprising but complimentary colors in a limited color palette. I just LOVE dreaming up or being inspired by color combinations!! I'm trying to restrain myself as I dream of what I'm going to style my new home in so it doesn't look like a crayon box in every room!
workshoppromo
Speaking of color, last night I held another class at Swank in Southern Pines, Mixed Media Portraits and it was so much fun! I really think I'm beginning to find my groove. One of my next goals is to teach at a major mixed media retreat but I need to get a few more workshops under my belt before I apply to something like Art and Soul or one of the other many big art fests. A girl can dream though, right?

What else...ohhhh I have a sale going on over in my Etsy shop-25% off any one item! To redeem, simply check out with a message to buyer saying Sweet September and I'll refund you the difference via paypal. Stock up no for the holidays! I have some new items to list this week so stay tuned!

Lunch is about over, so better get back to work. Hope you are having a great week!

2 comments :

Patti Edmon Artist said...

wow - you sure are busy! and a show coming up?! I love the pear and think you should play around with more still life. congrats on all the cool stuff you have going on!
hugs!

Teresa aka Tess said...

OK, I have to ask, Who took the bite out of the Pear-fect painting?
It's gorgeous!