Rated #1 in Acrylic Painting!

Pre-Register for my Upcoming Class: Zen Housess

Pre-Register for my Upcoming Class: Zen Housess
On Sale Now!

Join 100's of students from around the world!

Join 100's of students from around the world!
Zen Painting! 30 videos, open ended workshop!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Thrifty Me

Here's a pic of last weeks five mile long flea market pic. In the middle of the stop was a huge area with vendors dotted here and there. Unfortunately, I didn't get a lot but the boys (you can see their back sides to the right) were plugging away finding a bunch of stuff ahead of me :) Oh well, the thrill is in the hunt and it was worth going if for nothing else, to just get out of the house! The pictures below are a sampling of things I've collected this past month and a half.
What can you buy for 5 dollars? Well I found these two pieces, the chair and telephone stand that I am going to repaint but then again, I kinda like the shabby look so maybe not. I purchased these at a local flea market in Cameron, NC.

I'm not sure you can see the details on these cute hand blown glass wine glasses; however, they are hand blown and painted NIB for only 3 dollars. The deep dish pie plate was another 2 dollar find and then you can see the magazines to the side which were a nickel each. I like to stack like magazines in various places to fill in some empty spaces as I try to fill up the house since my fire.


I found these decorating branches for 3 dollars and just added some fall sprays for another couple of dollars to make a quick fall piece. Total project cost was under 10 dollars including the vase which is another yard sale find!



The ceramic pitcher was just sitting on a junk laden tarp begging me to take her home for only 2 dollars. Nice addition to my sparsely decorated new home for a "price that's right". I'm not into tiny ceramic doo dads because it's too much to dust in my book but when I saw this I thought it would work nice in the foyer as you walk in the front door.










Whooo hooo! There is nothing better than scoring a good deal and these 2 barstools were a bargain in my book, only 15 dollars for both and they look BRAND NEW. What's not to love??

2 comments :

Apron Thrift Girl said...

I can't decide which thrifted item I love most. Sometimes it is the smallest thing. I really think those Food magazines are fun to read. No, I think the chair and phone table win it for me. I would love to experience a yard sale like this one day.

Rebecca said...

I like the chair and table, too! I would have a hard time deciding whether to paint them or not.

You left me a comment about maybe joining our swap. Please send me an e-mail so I can respond with the info. :) Thanks!