Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Monday, December 18, 2006

Let the Cookie Crumble Where It May

I just happened to notice that there WERE 12 cookies on this cooling rack. I guess NO ONE was visiting the kitchen again! Well, this blog has gone from tales of my painting , to my thrifts , on to my crafts , and as of late, tales of how to increase your caloric intake by bagazillion. I really haven't lost touch with my "other" sides, it's just that I am now possessed by some cooking crazy spirit, I'm a little out of control. I mean, who on earth is going to eat all of this mess??

I really don't have a place to put all the bake goods so I had to whip together this make shift table as I whipped together things, and before I figured out how to get them all in my fridge until I assemble my cookie/candy trays. I think the table might be something I can use for my Christmas Eve party..LOL. I might throw on my gift from Rebecca ( a lovely vintage holiday tablecloth) and find something other than my bar stools to sit the board on and wallooah, a good buffet table is made....see, I'm still crafting! Okay, so it's a stretch to say I'm crafting. I'm CREATING, rather.
•Here's a run down on what I have made so far this holiday season:
Heidi's chocolate toffee
7 layer bars
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Crunchy Jumbles
M&M cookies
Rolo Pretzel Candies
Cornflake Candy
Heathbar Rocky Road Miracle Fudge
Candy Cane Fudge
Peppermint Bark
Sugar Cookies (well I almost have these done, the dough is in the freezer, I'll wait till Wednesday to make these), then make up my plates and deliver most things Thursday and Friday. These pictures are all rather dark..hmmm...Santa, if your reading this post, next year I would like a NICE digital camera, one that takes masterful photo's, and never has a blurry or dark image to speak of. I'll be a good girl all year, promise! (FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED) ;)
My honey will be home on Saturday. I'm picking him up EARLY, so I KNOW for sure his paws will be in the candy and cookies. He's got a sweet tooth but he has no fat whatsoever on him. HMPH. Not fair is it?? My candy and cookie making has really improved since I was a youngin'....I'm sure my Mom could tell you stories of my crazy cooking for holiday parties year after year when I was growing up. I have yet to live down the year of the Green Jelly roll. Then there was the Dessert Sub. Oh ya, and Banana Soup one 4th of July. LOL Those were just some of the classics. I did have some hits, like the famous Better Than Sex Cake, and my Pineapple Cake had some good reviews....now that I don't work in retail, I have obviously too much time on my hands....but I really don't!!! I don't have enough time. Who does??? I think that no matter how much money you make, you could always make more. No matter how much time you have, you could have had just a few more hours/days/weeks to do that one "last" thing. I'm resigned to the fact that I can only do so much, but with that said, I do something extra every day and that way, I feel better about the day. Like tonite, after I came home from work, did homework with DS, made a quick dinner, made a few more goodies, then I cleaned the bathrooms and wiped down the glass table. I could have stopped with the dinner and homework and called it a night, but I pushed myself to do those few extras, and although I'm tired, I feel better about myself.
Ooops, better go now, gotta make up the "teacher cookie trays" then off to bed. Lucy
PS....check out my post about the PINK AND BROWN SWAP a few posts down. We would LOVE to have a few more participants for this JANUARY swap!!

4 comments :

Mama Said Sew said...

Bravo Lucy! The cookies and candies look and sound great. I've had no time for baking so far. Maybe this weekend.
I'd like to participate in the Pink & Brown Swap, but I have to admit that I am a complete swap novice. Guess there's no better time to get started than in a new year, so count me in!

Heidi said...

Good to have some sweets for your sweetie! I'm the same way: It feels so good to get stuff done. Tonight I worked till 7, made two batches of toffee, cleaned the kitchen, and only now am relaxing and blog reading...

Paula said...

I'm so envious of your baking! I usually am on that same roll this time of year, but with a bathroom remodel going on, it's just not happening this year. )o;

Shirlee said...

I've seen those crackle cookies both her and over at Rebecca's so I think I'm going to have to satisfy the craving and make myself some.
I wish I had your energy!