Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pick Up Your Paint Brush and Join Us!!

The other day someone mentioned geez...if I had known sooner that you were coming to town, I would have signed up for your class.  Just when I think everyone has seen my message, I realize once again...there are many others that haven't heard yet!   Here's my creative public service and fun announcement!!


This week I'm heading to Florida for two classes at the new and amazing studio and creative learning space called, "Art More Place".      This will be my first time visiting Florida to teach and couldn't be more excited.   We still have a couple spaces available for both workshops, so if you are free this weekend and want to join us, please do!!  More info can be found on my 2015 workshop page.


After my trip to Florida I'll have a mini break and head back home to NY to see my family and friends for a bit then I will be taking most of the summer to dive into more classes online (filming and production takes a long long time...so I appreciate all of you who have been waiting for a new class from me, it won't be long now!!).  I'll also be working on developing a new body of work for a upcoming show and of course for future classes/galleries and Etsy.  My primary focus will be on my online classes though...well there are a couple other big things in the works but you'll have to stick around for that to be revealed ;)


Following  my summer respite, I'm heading  just outside of Asheville for a return visit to one of my all time favorite shops ever,  Random Arts in Saluda, NC.  I'll be teaching 3 classes over three days September 25-27th including two new workshops.  Wild Flowers featured below is a uber fun painting, printing and collage class that is just well, amazing and colorful. You'll learn so many techniques plus go home with a fantastic inspiring piece of art! 

Schedule:

Grunge Ink - September 25
Skinny Little Mini Cities-September 26
Wild Flowers-September 27th  (rumor has it some peeps want to add birds to their pieces and I'm totally down with that!)
There's limited space available so be sure to contact Jane Powell at Random Arts to reserve your space today!






We JUST added a new workshop in Missouri coming up in October and the weekend is about 1/2 filled with students all ready!!

I'll be heading west to see Kristen Powers at her studio Rubber Moon Studios where we will be splashing away for 3 days working on 2 different projects.

First up we have a 2 day  class called Funky Little Neighborhoods and Journal Jam.    You'll learn all sorts of textural tricks and how to design a quirky neighborhood on canvas with acrylics and more.  In between painting on canvas, you have a few journal exercises to explore and paint along with.   Tons of fun for everyone.  

Did I mention that for  each of the workshops at Rubber Moon Studios 99% of the supplies are included.  PLUS  lunch, drinks and snacks will be provided!!!  Whooohoo!  Just bring your favorite brushes, apron, water container and palette...we will supply the rest!

We will end the weekend with one of my favorite classes,  a 3 hour workshop called Angelic Inspirations.      Short and sweet but ohhhh so powerful,   this is another class not to miss!

For registration and more information, Click HERE



October will be whirlwind of events as soon as I return from Missouri....I'll have a couple of days break and then will be turning the car around and heading East to our beautiful Outer Banks for 2nd 2015 ReMe retreat fall retreat on Ocracoke Island.   We ONLY have 2 spaces remaining so if you want to join in on the magic...don't delay.    Our  May 2016 event is already booked up so this may be the last opportunity until late 2016 to sign up for a ReMe event!!!

ReMe is an all inclusive event (other than travel).  Arrival will be on Monday afternoon and departure Saturday Morning.  In between that time you will enjoy art parties,  all your food for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, cocktail hour,   3 classes PLUS all of your supplies,  special events and more...much much more.  If you read through some of our blog posts and peruse all the tabs on our blog, you will get a little taste of what ReMe is all about.....but nothing replaces actually being there and experiencing the magic that happens between all of our guests.

Check out the blog HERE.




BREAKING NEWS....It was just announced that for the first time, I will be heading to the famous Donna Downey studios (outside of Charlotte, NC) in January 2016.  I'll be kicking off their teaching season with a brand new 2 day workshop titled,  "It's a Whimsical Life" .  We will be painting funky houses in acrylics in a layered contemporary style that is almost a fusion of impressionism and mixed media.  Not almost, it is!   Students will also play along in their journals where we will explore color, design, shading and other fun techniques.   


This weekend workshop includes all supplies for the students, lunch and snacks!!  How can you beat that?  

Dates  January 16th and 17th.

For more info, click HERE.


********

Sprinkled in between all these events, I will be opening new online classes,  releasing 4 DVD's with FW Media this Fall,  hosting a few local classes at a new venue...(stay tuned),  working on some product designs,  having a solo show in October, and maybe one other out of town weekend in November.  I'll be sure to update you as soon as I have concrete information, dates, times, descriptions, etc.!     
*********


I finally reached my 100 item goal that I set out to achieve last December in my Etsy shop.

Stop by and see tons of new paintings and products!!


**Any orders placed from today through Monday will be shipped out June 23rd as I will be travel teaching and away from my studio this week.**


*******************

As always, I want to thank you for following me along. I appreciate your enthusiasm, kindness, inspiration and comments.  It's hard to believe it's been almost 9 years since I first started this blog and my artistic journey!!  Wow...so much has happened during that time. I'm excited to see where this next decade and beyond will take us!!


2 comments :

Unknown said...

Wow Jodi, you are busy! Any chance you will be coming to the NY/NJ area in the future? Would love to study with you again!

Jodi Ohl said...

Hi Loretta! Thank you so much for stopping by! I really really want to go back to the NJ and NY area, I had such a great experience at Create and Art Is You. I know of a couple of venues but haven't really solidified anything for this year, perhaps in 2016. With that said, if you could recommend a place where I could teach 15-20 students over 3-4 days, please pass on the info! (With how far I travel, I would have to do several days of classes to pay for travel expenses). Jodi