Best Selling Acrylic Painting Instructional Book

Zen Houses Online Workshop

Zen Painting Online Workshop

Monday, March 02, 2015

You Never Know: Tips From The Studio and an Art Journal Flip Through


Hello and Happy Monday!

  I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and you were able to carve some creative time in your spare leisure moments.  I didn't do a whole lot in my studio this weekend other than finish up this project:
artbyjodiohlwhimsicalhouses
This is a 24 x 36 whimsical acrylic painting in my "Funky Little City Scape" style.that I started at the beginning of the month--while it didn't take me 4 weeks of non stop work to do, I would gather to say it was the better part of 2 weeks to do in full with a break in between to prepare for another project I was doing.   I just love the colors and happy vibe you get from this piece (which was inspired by a painting I did a few years ago that I loaded up to Pinterest). It is my most repinned pin and has inspired not only additional paintings, but even led to an opportunity to be on a book cover!!

 Here's a note card taken from a print of that above mentioned painting: 


notecardsbyjodiohlfunkylittlecityscapes
(ps..if you like this style of painting and want to learn how..I have an online class called "Funky Little City Scapes" that you'd enjoy!   Click HERE to find out more.)

So..you see for my point today, you never know when one project is going to lead to the next, and the next---or for that matter, you never know where potential clients will find you.   My only regret and this is something that has happened to me before.... is that I did not capture a super high resolution image of this painting. I can create prints that are about 8x10 but that's the largest I can go and not sacrifice picture clarity.  

Don't do as Momma does...do as momma says: Take super high res images of your work before you send it off into the world!!!!  Saving your photos at 300 dpi also insures that if your image is used in a print publication, it will conform (ideally) to most industry standard printing publication guidelines. As you see, creating high resolution images is not just important for  for creating prints, you never know who may ask to use your work: licensed designs, fabric,  authors, musicians, stationary, etc...etc....the possibilities span far and wide!!

...I'll leave you with a little more inspiration today as I sign off--I've shared this before but for those new followers, I thought you might like to see some of my favorite journal pages of 2014.  I've JUST begun filling up a few new books for 2015, so stay tuned for a little preliminary look in a couple weeks (or if I get really ambitious...a couple of days!!). 




Artfully yours,

Jodi Ohl

**********************************

There's not much time left to take advantage of my sale on work shops over at Colourarte--all classes of mine are 15.00 off today!!



Have you stopped by my Etsy shop lately?  

See what's new! I've listed over 50 items since January!!!

notecardsbyjodiohl
'dirty flirty birds' one of my several new flat note cards/postcards now available in the shop!



1 comment :

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing! Love the bright and whimsical nature of your work! Such talent and inspiration! You are fabulous, Jodi!